I recently said I would be posting once/week, generally on a Wednesday. In an effort to keep you on your toes, I did not post on Wednesday. I did make a post on Monday of this week — that’ll be it for the week.
I am a couple weeks into this and am starting to get a sense of how to maintain a writing pace. When posting once/week, a mid-week post is less than ideal because of my schedule. I am continually coming up with ideas and drafting posts, however many require some thought or editing.
So the new goal is a new post every Friday morning, which gives me the entire week to finish up a post, as I am generally writing after hours when my kids are asleep. I may make shorter or impromptu posts on other days, however I think a target goal will be Friday for a more well-thought out post.
The first of those will appear on 4/28. Some of the drafts in progress include (titles subject to change before posting) :
- Dr. Dad — updated with link
- Serenity Now (Insanity Later) — updated with link
- To Sleep — perchance to dream
- My Deadbeat Uncle
- The Secret Life of Parents — this one is actually complete, however my wife told me it was too inappropriate to publish
- Number needed to save (NNS)
- This Is Spinal Tap
- The Spanish Inquisition
- Coco Puffs & White Lies
- Moving Away From Financial Independence
If you haven’t read my previous posts, go ahead and check them out:
- Country Road — why it matters that this Muslim started to enjoy country music
- The Tax Man Cometh — why I decided to fight with an accountant instead of TurboTax
- My First Mistake — the story of the first medical error I made as a doctor (also the story of what happened to my toddler’s pants)
- A Traditional Unlike Any Other — how do Muslims celebrate holidays and what is the best mythical gift giving creature?
Share posts with your family and friends and tell them to follow along — the more readers the merrier. Remember to comment — discussion is welcome on on all posts!