I recently said I would be posting once/week, generally on a Wednesday. In an effort to keep you on your toes, I did not post on Wednesday. I did make a post on Monday of this week — that’ll be it for the week.
I am a couple weeks into this and am starting to get a sense of how to maintain a writing pace. When posting once/week, a mid-week post is less than ideal because of my schedule. I am continually coming up with ideas and drafting posts, however many require some thought or editing.
So the new goal is a new post every Friday morning, which gives me the entire week to finish up a post, as I am generally writing after hours when my kids are asleep. I may make shorter or impromptu posts on other days, however I think a target goal will be Friday for a more well-thought out post.
The first of those will appear on 4/28. Some of the drafts in progress include (titles subject to change before posting) :
- Dr. Dad — updated with link
- Serenity Now (Insanity Later) — updated with link
- To Sleep — perchance to dream
- My Deadbeat Uncle
- The Secret Life of Parents — this one is actually complete, however my wife told me it was too inappropriate to publish
- Number needed to save (NNS)
- This Is Spinal Tap
- The Spanish Inquisition
- Coco Puffs & White Lies
- Moving Away From Financial Independence
If you haven’t read my previous posts, go ahead and check them out:
- Country Road — why it matters that this Muslim started to enjoy country music
- The Tax Man Cometh — why I decided to fight with an accountant instead of TurboTax
- My First Mistake — the story of the first medical error I made as a doctor (also the story of what happened to my toddler’s pants)
- A Traditional Unlike Any Other — how do Muslims celebrate holidays and what is the best mythical gift giving creature?
If you aren’t already, follow me on Twitter or Facebook or sign up for the newsletter to receive email notifications of new blog posts. Share posts with your family and friends and tell them to follow along — the more readers the merrier. Remember to comment — discussion is welcome on on all posts!